Mandala Mind: The Card Game is a puzzly cooperative mindfulness-themed game for 1 to 2 players that takes about 20 to 30 minutes to play.
In Mandala Mind: The Card Game, you play as the frame of mind of a person who is meditating on an image of a mandala. This person is distracted at the beginning of their meditation, and your goal is to help them focus. Once focus has been achieved, you will have succeeded in bringing them into the joy of the present moment!
Mandala Mind is played over a series of rounds, where you will interact with a 3 x 3 grid of mandala cards representing a person’s consciousness. You will help this person focus by removing distraction using frame of mind actions and mandala abilities.
Before each game, you will choose a scenario inspired by a type of meditation. Each scenario has two phases that have different goals for you to complete. You win the game by achieving optimal focus at scenario-specific mandala cards in the warm-up phase and by removing all distraction from every mandala in the meditation phase.
- Play as the following frames of mind: Compassion, Peace, Joy, and Understanding
- Strategically use frame of mind actions to navigate a grid of mandala cards and remove distraction
- Combo mandala abilities together to maximize your turns
- Each game has a variable setup
- Experience 5 unique scenarios in addition to a scenario randomizer
- Designed to provide a feeling of agency with very little luck
- Illustrated with a minimalistic watercolor style to encourage a calming experience
- Puzzle out each game on your own or with a partner
- Player count: 1 – 2 players
- Game length: 20 to 30 minutes
- Setup time: 1 minute
- Ages: 14+
Inside the Box
Every copy of Mandala Mind: The Card Game includes:
- 9 mandala cards
- 4 frame of mind cards
- 1 frame of mind pawn
- 1 source of distraction card
- 8 event cards
- 6 scenario cards
- 2 reference cards
- 1 rules document
*The game box and all of the cards have a UV coating and linen finish.
How To Play
Download a PDF of the rules or watch the video below to learn how to play.
- Take 1 action with each frame of mind following left-to-right order.
- Your action can be a move, focus, or special action.
- Mandala abilities can be used before or after frame of mind actions.
- Draw an event card after every frame of mind has taken an action or passed.
- Follow the instructions on the event card to determine what happens next.
- Start a new round after resolving the event card.
Try It Out
Mandala Mind: The Card Game is available to play on Tabletopia and Tabletop Simulator.
Mandala Mind: The Card Game is coming to Kickstarter on March 8, 2023. Following fulfillment of the Kickstarter, it will be available as a print-on-demand game at The Game Crafter. Backers will receive their games before they are available to anyone else. There will also be a print-and-play version of the game.
Shipping will only be available in the United States. My plan is to run a future campaign with more shipping options if there is enough interest.
How To Get Involved
- Become a fan on BoardGameGeek
- Follow us on Instagram and Twitter
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Join our monthly newsletter
Game design: Alex Beers
Art and graphic design: Saskia de Klerk
Thank you to all of the playtesters: Ivan Alexiev, Alvin Beers, Brenda Beers, Laura Gilbert, M. Gilbert, Saskia de Klerk, Jennifer May, Chace Orton, Phil Shambaugh, Nadamayi Shanti, Dimitar Velichkov
Leave a comment below or send an email to email@example.com